Tuesday, July 21, 2009

caramelized peach yogurt bottoming

I used to LOVE fruit on the bottom yogurt, I guess I still do, but I really don't want all that sugar syrup, or *GASP* HFCS so early in the morning. Just putting fruit in yogurt is nice, but was getting kind of boring, I miss that depth of sweetness from all the junk in there, so I needed to make something that would be even better- tasting, and for me. Not only was it good, it was soooo easy. I (Kenny) can't wait to do more yogurt bottomings as the fruit keeps coming this summer!

Ingredients:

3 peaches, cored and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp Earth Balance
Your favorite yogurt. Mine is Wildwood Unsweetened Soyogurt.

Melt the Earth Balance in a saute pan set to medium heat. Add peaches and saute for 10 minutes stirring often. Toss in the ginger and cook for an additional 10 minutes, while continuing to stir. The peaches will start to get a little brown, don't worry, if you watch them they won't burn, and we want the caramelization. After they are done, cool and store in the fridge until breakfast. I have eaten this for the past 2 days, and I am totally hooked. I can't wait for more fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment