Saturday, February 7, 2009

100th post!

This is our 100th post! I'm proud of us. I thought we should do something to celebrate, so I made a new masthead. I also wanted to do a sort of "Best Of" and highlight out favorite recipes thus far.

Katie's top 5 favorites:
green chard fauxsotto - It's just a no-fail crowd pleaser, great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
six layer udon noodle salad - The flavors are clean, there's layers of texture, and the vinagrette is just awesome.
fried rice with bok choy - Best fried rice ever! The type of dish you get cravings for.
potato and onion gratin - Mmm, if only gratins were healthy, I could eat this everyday.
stuffed peppers - One of our early recipes, the combination of soyrizo, black beans, queso fresco and jalapeno was spot on. Next time, I'll take better photos.

Kenny's favorites:
pisto manchego - I really like eggs. No, I really LOVE eggs. Anytime, anywhere, on top of anything, even roasted squash.
seitan stew- Seriously delicious. So good we almost forgot to take a picture before we ate it all.
honey chili tofu with sauteed arugula and caper couscous - Fresh, flavorful, sweet, and spicy.
My other two favorites are already linked above. The potato and onion gratin, and the six layer udon salad. There is a lot more to come, so by the time we hit 200 posts, I am sure this list will evolve. Thanks so much to everyone who reads this thing! Keep reading, and keep cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment